Friday, December 1, 2006

Drew's 1st Six Flags Trip :)

I took this blog from my myspace blog.... Dated 9.18.06

This weekend I had one of the most memorible trips a mother could ever possibly have!!!! We took the youth of our church to Six Flags in St. Louis for Pastor Dwayne's 50th B-day ~ & Drew went!!!!! He had a blast!!!! Here is how it went.....

Drew wakes up @ 5:15 to get dressed & then we are out the door to take Ryleigh to Janie's house for a super LONG shopping spree.... I'll blog more on that later. On the way to drop Drew off though he starts in on what we are actually doing that day because he is yet to figure out what we are talking about. So here we are in the car, it's dark because it's not yet time for NORMAL people to be awake & Drew is looking out the window & asks, "Mom when we get to Six Flags park can I feed the ducks?" OK so all these talks were in vain & we are back to square 1 on what Six Flags really is.

5:35 ~ we are in the parking lot of the church unloading all our stuff: bag, stroller, car seat, toy bag. And Drew tells Ashley (one of my dearest friends) that the moon & stars are out but it really is morning ~ he HAD determined that he was NOT going back to sleep even if the sun was being slow about coming up!

6:15 ~ We leave the church parking lot & are on our way to St. Louis ~ well Drew is still trying to understand this day full of fun that I have tried to prepare him for so on the ride down there ~ since he wouldn't sleep ~ I decided to pick his brain to see if he actually understood what Six Flags was. So we are in the bus & I ask ~ "Drew, where are we going?" He responds, "Six Flags". Ok, so then I get braver and ask, "So what are we going to do when we get there?" ~ without missing a beat he chims back, "Hold them!" Ok so he knows there are going to be FLAGS and thinks we are going to just parade around with them all day???? I don't know ~ anyway he's STILL not getting it ~ but how could he really ~ he's 3 & NEVER done anything like this before.

8:30 ~ Drew is fighting the urge to fall asleep ~ he's looking out the window & telling me EVERYTHING he sees. Then he sees a barn & says ~ "Mom, see that farm? They have cows looks!!!!" I acknowledge that I see the barn/farm & the cows & then he exclaims, "See those brown cows ~ they got chocolate milke!" I of course about fell out of my seat at the fact that he had in his own mind determined that we get chocolate milk from brown cows!!!!!

9:30 ~ Drew FINALLY gives up the NO SLEEP campaign & doses off!

10:00 ~ we pull into the Six Flags parking lot & Pastor Dwayne barely slows down & his little eyes pop open & he shouts, "I see the Six Flags" then he proceeds to count them to make sure we are in fact at our right destination ~ well ~ we are he then decideds!!!!!

10:05 ~ we are out of the bus & on our way to the gate ~ then it happens ~ Drew sees Bugs Bunny, Scooby Do, Daffy Duck, Sylvestor the Cat, Batman & Robin & GOES CRAZY!!!! Pulling me toward the gate ~ he is so excited he can not stand it.

We enter the park & after catching Scooby Do to get a quick picture
We head to the kiddy park area ~ away from the Batman :( ~ the 1st ride we come to is the swings ~ so Drew runs to that
After the swings we were off to the cars....
Next was the little carousel...
Then it happened ~ Drew saw the "train" & wanted to ride it ~ I explained it was not a "train" it was a roller coaster & he wanted to ride it anyway ~ so here is the picture of his 1st roller coaster ride & guess where he runs to sit????? IN THE 1st CAR ~ on his FIRST coaster ride ~ what will the outcome be???....

Here is the video of his 1st roller coaster experience (he is in the 1st car sitting on the left).....
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/atculp/?action=view&current=100_1465.flv

And his response was......
"MOM THAT WAS COOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!"

Next in our day of fun, fun, fun was the antique cars ~ we had to wait in line for this ride though & Drew was NOT a happy camper he did try to wait patiently but it took much convinceing on my part to continue his patient wait. Halfway through the line he turned around & looked at me & said "I dont want to ride this anymore" I of course after waiting this long was NOT going to squeeze through people to exit the waiting line ~ I kept on telling him that if he would be patient he would get to drive & so he agreed to stay for a little while longer, but I saw in his eyes that he didn't believe me that it was "fixing to be our turn" ~ but we did FINALLY get our turn.......

Then it was on to the Scooby Do "Scary Swamp" ~ which he thought was Scooby Do's house!!! :) I thought that was cute!!!!

We decided to stop for a break to see the Looney Tunes characters perform & Drew got to meet them all & get his picture made with them :) ......

Next, Drew & I rode the Elmer Fud (not sure if that is spelled right) Weather Ballon ~ it was kind of like a "Tilt - A - World" ~ just that we were in " hot air balloons"
Then it was off to the Bugs Bunny airplanes.... his plane went the highest of all :)

Next, he had to ride the big carousel with Papaw...

Lastly, he & Papaw rode Marvin the Martian's Spaceship....

And the fun packed day came to an end ~ Drew of course was not ready to leave but the rest of us were exhausted!!!!!

Before I go I have to say a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to Papaw & Mamaw for making this day possible for Drew & I ~ we both will NEVER forget these wonderful memories!!!!!! Happy 50th Birthday Papaw!!!!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Comment left on myspace blog...

GOOOOO GOOO Drew. The Video was CUTE. I hope to take Kylee & Tyler next spring.

Posted by t®À¢Êÿ

Tammy said...

Comment left on myspace blog...

Yea Drew!!! What a big boy you have, Tammy!! That is sooo awesome!!!

Chris and I took Michael, Paul, and Brenda to Six Flags in Atlanta this summer, and this was the first time any of them had ever been. They had a WONDERFUL time!! Michael of course was big enough to ride every ride in the park... Paul and Brenda could ride everything but 4 rides, and so that wasn't too bad. So.. we all had a BLAST!!!

Glad to see that Choo-Choo had such a great 50th birthday celebration, and that you all survived Six Flags.

love ya, Misty

Anonymous said...

Wow, this was a as a matter of fact worth post. In theory I' d like to write like this too - taking heyday and tangible endeavour to dream up a tickety-boo article... but what can I say... I hesitate alot and in no spirit appear to wheedle something done.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]